Delegate Satisfaction at a Glance
ACLL/ACTC2016 Post-Conference Survey Results
- Academic quality
- Networking opportunities
- Conference venue
- Would attend again
- Would recommend the conference
The Asian Conference on Language Learning (ACLL) offers the chance for scholars and practitioners to exchange the latest ideas and approaches, attend workshops and interact with some of the biggest names in the field.
What’s more, this conference, like all IAFOR conferences, is organised in partnership with some of the world’s leading universities and academic associations. These partnerships attest to the excellence of our programme and ensure that the conference offers an exceptional platform through which to disseminate research. Learn more about IAFOR's Global Partners.
All data provided on this page is sourced from ACLL/ACTC2016 Post-Conference Survey Data.
We work hard to put together an excellent academic programme of plenary and featured sessions, topical panels and forums, but the heart of any academic conference is, of course, the parallel sessions during which the majority of presenters give their papers, then engage in discussion and receive feedback from their peers.
The responses indicate that consistent high standards are maintained during this part of the conference. 96% of respondents to the ACLL/ACTC2016 feedback survey said that they were satisfied with the quality of the parallel sessions, with 29% reporting them to be “very good". 45% responded that they were “good”, 22% stated “fair” and only 4% described them as “poor”. No delegates replied that they thought the academic sessions were “very poor”.
Human interaction is at the source of all value creation, and our academic connections provide us with a community of knowledge. Conferences provide an excellent opportunity for academics to expand the personal and professional networks necessary for a successful career.
IAFOR’s conveniently located conference venue in Kobe offers an ideal environment for building these networks. Connect with fellow delegates over freshly brewed coffee in the baseroom, at a forum discussion, in the sessions and workshops, at the cultural or side events, over lunch, at the evening dinner out, or on one of the conference tours.
Based on feedback received after the ACLL/ACTC2016 conference, 100% of respondents said that they were satisfied with the networking opportunities offered by the event, with 29% responding the networking opportunities were “very good”, 55% describing them as “good” and 16% saying they were “fair”. No delegates answered “poor” or “very poor”.
Japan is a wonderful place to attend an event – warm, welcoming and safe – and Kobe is one of the most attractive cities in the country. Situated between sea and mountains in the historical and cultural heart of Japan, Kobe is close to the great bustling metropolis of Osaka and the former capitals of Kyoto and Nara.
100% of respondents said they were satisfied with the conference venue, Art Center Kobe, which is modern, bright and compact, and conducive to networking.
Situated a short walk from rail, subway and bullet train links, the venue is easily accessible from Kansai, Japan’s second largest airport.
100% of respondents to the ACLL/ACTC2016 feedback survey were satisfied with the quality of the conference venue, with 57% responding that it was “very good”, 35% responding that it was “good” and 8% stating that is was “fair”. No delegates responded that the conference venue was either “poor” or “very poor”.
Would you come back?
The key question after an event, of course, is whether you would consider returning. For 8 out of 10 respondents, that answer is either definitely or probably!
35% of delegates said they would “definitely” attend another ACLL/ACTC event, 45% replied that they would “probably” attend again, and 20% said they would “maybe” attend again. No survey respondents stated that they were “unlikely” to attend again or that they would “definitely not” attend again.
80% of delegates said they would "definitely" or "probably" attend another ACLL/ACTC event (the remaining 20% responded "maybe")
Would you recommend this conference?
96% of delegates who came to ACLL/ACTC in 2016 reported they would recommend the conference to friends and colleagues, with 4% responding that they would not.
96% of delegates said they would recommend ACLL/ACTC to friends and colleagues
(Source: ACLL/ACTC2016 Post-Conference Survey Data)